Eric Opdam new director of KdVI
As of 1 August 2015, Prof. Eric Opdam will succeed Jan Wiegerinck as director of the Korteweg-de Vries Institute for Mathematics (KdVI)
Since September 1999, Eric Opdam has been affiliated with the KdVI as a professor of Lie theory and representation theory. He is a member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) and received an ERC Advanced Grant in 2011 for his research in reductive groups, Hecke algebras and the local Langlands correspondence. With his extensive experience as deputy director and member of the Management Team for the past several years, Eric is in an excellent position to lead the KdVI institute in its many aspects, together with the Management Team.
Jan Wiegerinck will continue to be a member of the new Management Team.
The new Management Team will consist of:
- Eric Opdam (Director, programme leader Algebra, Geometry & Mathematical Physics)
- Jan Wiegerinck (programme leader analysis)
- Harry van Zanten (programme leader stochastics)
- Sergey Shadrin (programme leader mathematical physics)
- Chris Zaal (Programme director Bachelor Mathematics)
- Marieke Kranenburg (Institute manager)